Friday, June 28, 2013

Then and Now..

Life is moving so much faster now. I flash back to a year ago, and I remember time standing still. We were just in the thick of radiation, and it was honestly the worst months of my life. I thought surely I would die of heartache last summer. I can't think of anything worse for a parent, than watching their child suffer. The only thing worse would have been losing her, and we are so incredibly blessed that we didn't. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank God, and continue to pray for her life. We are busy packing for her Make a Wish trip to Disney, and I can't help but think how far we have come. As I tuck her princess dress in her suitcase, I find myself saying a million prayers for those still fighting. Now it's our turn to help others, to give back, and to reach out a helping hand to those struggling. It's our turn to make our mark on this earth and be better people than we were the day before. Now we are off to Disney to show our two deserving kids an amazing time. Life is fragile and sweet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment