Monday, September 2, 2013

Pray for Tay...

"Aunt Brooke, Aunt Brooke, I want a messy bun like you!" squealed my little niece. "Well, come on into my beauty shop, and I will give you a messy bun!" I told her. I scooped up her long blonde curls and put a sweet little top knot on her head. She pranced away happy, and I looked up to see my sweet Tay with tears in her eyes. My heart sank down into my feet. "I want a messy bun too mommy, I want to play beauty shop." she whispered. I unraveled my own hair tie out of my mess of a bun, and pulled her down on my lap. We gathered a tiny little tuff of hair, and I wrapped my hair tie around it. "There, a messy bun for you too!" I told her. She shot out of my lap, and showed each person in the room her "messy bun". My heart was so happy for her. My how far we have come... And then I felt myself starting to panic, and had to step outside to catch my breath. Scans. Scans are coming. How on earth are we just days away from scans? Fear has crept back into the back of my mind. It makes me sit up in bed in the middle of the night and cup my hands over my mouth. I pray myself to sleep, and life resumes. My little love starts pre-school tomorrow, and I can't help but be so thankful. I was drowning about this time last year, heart broken as all her friends went back to school while we shuffled back and forth from the hospital. We moved to a new house, in a new town, but I still have my same old fears. Here I am again, asking you, please, to pray for my girl.

2 comments:

  1. Each time I think about our sweet Tay, I say a prayer of thanks for I am so grateful she is in Cealy's life. Prayers today and always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You tell Taylor that Miss Kate wants to rock a pixie cut like she does!! Gorgeous. Sending you all my support and prayers.

    ReplyDelete