Friday, September 7, 2012

To be a fly on the wall.....

Just in case anyone was in need of a good laugh, I thought I would share my morning with you. I get way too much credit for being some kind of super mom, so my hope is that this little story will put a smile on your face, and let you see my human side. Enjoy!

Now let me set the scene.....
My house is an absolute disaster. After 12 hours at the hospital yesterday, I just needed the house clean. A thought crossed my mind that I should forgo all birthday/anniversary/Christmas gifts, and ask Chris for 6 months of a cleaning service to come, it is that bad. I decided to take things room by room, and let the kids play along side me. I moved all our kitchen chairs into the family room, and made a fort for the kids to play in while I mopped. Things were going well, until the doorbell rang and all hell broke loose. Our sweet, wouldn't hurt a fly until you ring our doorbell dog charged the door in full attack mode. Max, although not walking, slithered all 31 pounds of himself to the back of my legs and began pulling himself up. I opened the door, and our dog raced right past the Fed Ex man, and out the front door. I am yelling, "Samantha Suzanne Magdzinski!!! GET. BACK. IN. THIS. HOUSE!" At the same time, Max gave a final tug on my yoga pants to stand himself up, and down they went.....Max and my PANTS. I locked eyes on the fed ex man....we both knew what just happened.....I yanked my pants back up, as Taylor informs me that we don't show our undies to people....it's private. Yes, it sure it. Nothing I had planned on showing our Fed Ex man that I see on a weekly basis. I brushed past him, Max on my hip, and Taylor standing in the doorway. I looked back and said, "Do NOT lock that door Tay" and I hurried to the neighbors to grab Sammie. I was barley off the front step and the door closed and clicked behind me....

Thank goodness for hidden out door keys, time out corners, and nap time! I would love to be a fly on the wall and hear our Fed Ex man's version of the story. I am sure it started out, "So, let me tell you about this CRAZY woman I deliver to every week...." 


Have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I can't stop laughing. I am so sorry. And I even had to tell Danny the story. I would be mortified, because you know you will see him again real soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh and laugh and want to hug you. You don't know me but I'm a friend of Nicole Miller/Kemp's and pray for you and your brave, sweet Taylor. Thanks for the smile and for still having a sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete