Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankful

We have come so far. I look at my bald little beauty, and watch her lashless little eyes still sparkle despite all she has gone through. She is now a little girl, wise beyond her years, and has changed the hearts of so many. I walked past the bell today....the one I won't dare touch for 10 more treatments. I think about it ringing, and it makes me cry. We have so much to be thankful for. My gosh, thank goodness I found that bump. Thank goodness we have access to one of the best children's hospitals in the country. Thank goodness chemo and radiation are working. Thank goodness we have the most amazing friends and family who have cheered us on the whole way through this. We have ten treatments left after today! I can show Taylor on two hands. I can't tell you how amazing that feels. A nurse said, "I can't believe you are almost done, this has gone so quick!" But not for us, not for Taylor. While life goes on for most, we are still here, fighting for our girl, and so incredibly thankful all this is saving her life.
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Amen sister! Isn't it amazing how these awful situations always remind us of what we DO have? They make us more compassionate, loving, grateful people!

    We think about you guys and your battle often. We always stop and say a quick prayer for Taylor and always for you and Chris.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much sweet girl! You are my hero, and I have so much respect for you. Your family is in our prayers as well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete