Friday, November 16, 2012

Happy Happy Day!

There was a time when I dreaded birthdays, aging, the whole nine yards. Now, it hurts my heart when people moan about another birthday passing. Really? Aging is a privilege! My three year old fought to earn her birthday this year, and I should be so lucky to have every fine line on my face...eek! Today is my birthday, and what a wonderful day it turned out to be. It feels like there was a divine intervention today, and I got a free pass. Taylor slept through the night without getting sick after ten hours of chemo! She woke up happy, and...knock on wood, has not been sick once today. Miss Thing even had a time out today, which means she was really feeling good. Our local radio station is doing a fundraiser for the Make A Wish Foundation, and asked me to speak on the radio to help raise money for our sweet girl's Disney trip. The wish was fulfilled in less than five minutes. Really?!  I'm still in shock. How many hearts has my little one touched? How many lives has this little warrior changed? My baby gets her wish, and of course there is nothing I want more than her happiness, and for her to be so blessed to have a 32nd birthday someday too.


No comments:

Post a Comment