Saturday, December 8, 2012

This too shall pass..

Mam, we are out, sorry... "Well, here is a plain doughnut, can you just throw a few sprinkles on there for me?" No, I'm sorry mam, I don't do the sprinkles. "Really? Really." Hi, I'm Brooke, and I cry in public at really inappropriate times. My girl just wanted a white sprinkle doughnut. I worried that it was the only thing she may eat today, that the chubby cheeks from two weeks of no chemo would wither away. Those dark circles under her eyes have re-appeared, and the little twinkle in her eye has dimmed. It's torture to watch. I wish I could take her and Max to see Santa, attend holiday parties, maybe even just go out to eat. But we can't. Just a few more months, but my body feels like dead weight, I have a constant lump in my throat, I'm exhausted. I look at her beautiful face and remind myself that this isn't about me. This is her story, her journey, and she suffers much more than I do. This too shall pass.



No comments:

Post a Comment