Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mission accomplished

We are HOME! This week is finally over....(other than the post chemo side effects)....but we made it through! On the eighth hour of chemo today, Taylor looked at us and said, "I had fun today!" And there you have it.... we did it.... we fooled her into thinking she had a great day....mission accomplished!! She was so well behaved today...fighting through painful moments, bouncing back with smiles and forgiveness....it inspires me so much. It makes me a better mother, and reminds me that everything is in Gods hands.

I took a little break today and stepped out of the room. My heart was hurting, I was worrying about her, about everything...and I passed a teen couple in the hallway. The 17ish girl was bald, wearing a mask, and clearly there for treatment. Holding her hand was a 17ish, healthy looking boyfriend....laughing and looking at her like she was the most gorgeous girl that ever hit the earth. I wanted to pull her aside and say," Marry HIM, he is the type you MARRY." I should know, I married someone with the same type of heart as that boy, and it is times like this I thank God I married him for the right reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment