Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day

I'm not sure if it is the Mother's Day love, or the amazing benefit our friends hosted for Taylor this weekend, but I feel strong again. I feel so thankful to be a mother, what an amazing gift. I remember when Taylor was born, looking at Chris, and thanking him for the nicest gift he had ever given me...Taylor. I felt the same way with Max. My mommy skills have been put to the test this year. I try every day...everysingleday....to be a better mommy than I was the day before. I was raised by the best, so the bar has been set high. I was raised by a cheery, monogram wearing, homemade play dough making, Raffi music playing, beautiful inside and out kind of mother. She always put us first, she never missed an event, and she showed us through her actions how to be kind and giving. She let us each shine in our own way, and made us feel like we were the best things that ever happened to her. I pray every night that I can be half the mother she is. I need her now more than ever, and every time someone tells me I am just like my mom, I couldn't be more proud. Have a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment