Monday, May 21, 2012

Vows


The past few weeks have been difficult to say the least. It makes me think about who I have become, the friends I am leaning on, and vows I made. I remember my first week home after Tay was born, thinking that I need to be the best version of myself for this little girl. She inspired me to let go of selfish ways, and live a life she could be proud of. I hope my "teenage Taylor" understands that every decision Chris and I have made regarding her treatment has been with love and careful thought....treating her cancer first.

My wedding vows keep replaying in my mind. We live them out now.... each and every day. To have and to hold ....never thinking Chris would physically hold me up when they tell me my two year old has cancer. For better or for worse...we know things can get worse, and we are so thankful for the opportunity to fight for our precious girl. For richer, for poorer....as we fight to keep what is ours..... In sickness and in health.....as we trudge to chemo every Thursday, and battle the side effects through the rest of the week. Health seems so far away with radiation looming, and a year of treatment still before us. To love and to cherish.... we sure do, we love our kids with every ounce of our being. And as for Chris and I..... I would say we are an 80/20 couple, 80% of the time I love him to pieces..... and 20% of the time he drives me crazy, and I want to banish him to the basement we don't have. (Hehe) I think that is pretty darn good! Until death do us part....please God let my children bury me when I am old, gray, and driving them absolutely nuts. And my gosh, were my friends taking those vows right along with Chris? Their support has been unconditional.
This blog is to document my journey of guiding my 2 year old daughter through cancer. My hope is that she will read this someday and understand how amazing she is.  My fear is that she wont..... but honestly, I will accept nothing less than a happily ever after at the end of this. My prayer is for my words & our experience to change a few hearts along the way. I hope it causes you to reconsider the way you love, the way you live, and the way you spend each day.


No comments:

Post a Comment