Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bitter Sweet

A few short hours after the sickest I have ever seen my child, she is dancing through our home, happy as a clam. Amazing. It was bitter sweet to leave today. We spent most of the day hanging out, monitoring Tay, and watching movies with her roomie. We had to pull the drape while Taylor slept, and I hear.. "Taylor's mommy?? Will you please stay where I can see you??" So of course I did. He wanted me to open his candy, throw away his trash, and any other "mom-ish" task. He loves our iPad, so when Taylor wanted to go to the playroom, we gave it to him to play with. He wasn't allowed to come with us, but after only a few short minutes of playing, he plops down across from me, his blankie draped over his back like a cape, with a devilish grin on his face. He is 4....not in very good health, and pulled a huge IV pole down the hall to find us. He was less than pleased when I told him we were leaving, and told us he "would NOT miss us". So heartbreaking. I know this won't be our last run in with this sweet little guy.
Normally night time is a time of worry for me, but not tonight. I am home, and thankful that both of my babies are snuggled in their beds. All the little things, like getting to be home with both kids, are turning out to be the big things for us now. This whole experience has opened our eyes to what really matters...health, family, friends, and faith. I know that God has been preparing us for this our whole lives, making us strong, just so we could be the right kind of parents for Taylor. The amount of support we have received is absolutely amazing. We could not be more grateful and humbled. Please continue to keep our sweet girl in your prayers. She has a rough road ahead of her, but we know she can do it! Thank you again

No comments:

Post a Comment