Friday, March 23, 2012

Right place, right time..

Thursday felt like a scary movie I couldn't turn off... like a nightmare I couldn't wake up from. I will spare you the traumatizing details, but Taylor is not a fan of chemo days. I cannot explain how hard it is to let someone hurt your kid, even though you know it is helping her. A month ago she was a healthy looking kid who happened to have cancer. It hurt me when her oncologist was reading her "counts" yesterday. We could see on paper everything has dropped.... her body is getting weak. This is normal and expected for someone going through chemo, but it still hurts me. I'm overwhelmed that we will go through this every Thursday... I'm praying that it will get easier. I shopped around Target today looking for smaller clothes for her. I wandered up and down the aisles, and found myself sobbing on a friends shoulder. Where did that come from? I had been composed for days...ok maybe a day...ok maybe a few hours...anyway, it caught me off guard, and I am sure the poor woman ringing me up as well. I felt the lump in my throat as soon as I walked in the doors of Target. Maybe I missed my shopping buddy, maybe I didn't want to be buying smaller clothes for my shrinking girl, or maybe I just needed to hug a friend who was in the right place at the right time. I am certain that we could not get through this without our family, friends, and new friends whom we have never met. We are humbled to say the least. At the end of the day there is always so much to be thankful for, so many kind people like yourselves who continue to lift us up and dust us off. It doesn't feel like enough to say...but thank you so much. Please continue to pray for a complete recovery for our little girl, our little love, our little hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment